Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Fun with Squares | My Creative Scrapbook - October Tutorial





Hi My Creative Scrapbook Friends! Today I am super excited to share two of my projects I created using squares and the gorgeous October main kit. So are you ready to have some fun with squares!!! 
Okay, let's get started :) 


For my first page, I picked several square punches in different sizes and cut out multiple squares from a variety of patterned papers.


I played around with the squares for a bit, until I found the design I love. I decided to arranged all of the squares down the left hand side and along the bottom of my page to create a large L. I attached them to the background using both glue and foam adhesive.    


Next, I added my photos.


For the title I used a combination of foam letter stickers found in this month's main kit and one of the chipboard stickers from the 'Forever Fall' collection. Just a few embellishments as well as some paint splatter were need to complete this layout. 



Now for my second project.....


For this page a 2x2 inch paper punch was used to create my squares.    


 For my background I chose the 'Be Grateful' (denim look) patterned paper. Next, I drew a 7 1/2 inch circle which act as a guideline for me to follow. I started arranging the squares to slightly overlap one another and then finish off with some machine stitching.        




I created a pretty cluster of embellishments on the bottom right hand corner of the photo.  The cluster includes a few fussy cut flowers, stickers and a couple of buttons.   


I matted my photo with one of the cut apart pieces from the 3x4 Elements patterned paper and on the left side of the photo I added one of the die-cut label found in the Ephemera Bits and Pieces 'Forever Fall' collection.


I added my title using the foil foam letter stickers found in this month's main kit and use a marker to change it from gold to black which worked so much better for my page.


I finished the layout off by adding a bow made from the burlap ribbon also included in this month's main kit and some more white paint splatters.

     I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment