Thursday, September 21, 2017

My Creative Scrapbook | So Thankful | September Tutorial




Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans!  Today I have a quick and easy tutorial to share with you...how to create these 3-D stars!

Whenever I can, I love to create my own embellishments and stars are one of my favorites!  Here's a look at my layout I created using the 3-D stars.


I used my Big Shot and a 5 point star die cut to create several stars for my page...you can also use a star template or draw your own.     


Next, using a scoring board and scoring tool....I line up the inner section of the star with a scoring line and score each one to the center. 


I then flip the star over and score down the middle of the star points, as shown in the photo below.


Next, crease and fold all of the scored lines...continue creasing and folding all the way around the star. The tops will be high and inner dips of the star will be creased in the opposite direction...as shown in the photos below.      



Now you can start adding your 3-D stars to your projects!

Here's a couple of close-ups...

   

I hope I inspired you today to create your own embellishments!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx Yvette

 If you not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!




No comments:

Post a Comment