Saturday, April 08, 2017

Creative Scrappers Sketch #305 | @The Beach



Hi My Scrapping Friends!

It's a new month and that means a new sketch here at Creative Scrappers

Here's the sketch designed by Kristine Davidson

 Image may contain: text

Here's my take on this month's sketch!

   
This sketch was perfect to scrap these photos of my husband and son having a great time at the inflatable water park in the Bahamas!

 I love the way the colors in the Hardy Hodgepodge collection from Jillibean Soup work with my photos.


Our sponsor this month is The Cut Shoppe and we got to select a few cut files to use on our layouts! I decided to used both The Make a Splash and The Beachy Keen cut files to create my page. Since my layout was about vacation fun, I choose the sun icon from the make a splash cut file and cut it from one of the patterned papers in the Jillibean Soup-Hardy Hodgepodge collection.

 
I started my page off by trimming 1/2 inch off all four sides of my white cardstock, then backing with a 12x12 patterned paper and stitching around the perimeter....before I adding my layers, I used the new Vicki Boutin acrylic paints in orange slice and crushed pineapple to created my background. Next I added some machine stitching to my cut files; matted my photos with the Trace of Triangles pattern paper(reverse side) and from this point starting adding my embellishments.

   

I created my title by using one of the phase from The Beachy Keen cut file, which was just perfect for this page!



 Thanks for stopping by :) 

Now it's your turn to play along with us!!!

Please joining Creative Scrappers on Instagram and use hashtag #creatingwithsketches to show us what you created!

Enter the challenge using our inlinkz widget at the bottom of this reveal on the Creative Scrappers Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment