Thursday, March 14, 2019

Time To Explore | My Creative Scrapbook-March Tutorial






Hello, My Creative Scrapbook friends!  Yvette here and I'm so excited to share this beautiful mixed media page with you today. Every once in awhile I like to get messy and challenge myself to create a mixed media background.  Included in this month's main kit is a flower stamp as well as a circle stencil, I decided to mainly use the stamped flowers as well as a few die-cut pieces as my only source of embellishments for my page.




Gather my supplies..... 


I started the layout off by creating a watercolor effort on the background, using various shades of blue, orange and yellow. I mixed the Gelatos with a little water onto a piece of plastic packaging and applied it using the 'kissing' technique...(gently kiss the packaging to your cardstock)      



I keep building layers of colors, working in a diagonal design until I was happy with the end results. 

        

Here you can see, I also used a small water brush to move the colors around a bit. Which created some movement and interest on my page.


I then stamped the flower image multiple times on some white cardstock, using charcoal ink and fussy cut. 


Next, I applied gesso, using a palette knife through the circle stencil. 


Once everything was dry, I decided to add a few stamped flowers over the top of the paint using the charcoal ink. 


Some machine stitching in black was added of texture and interest.

Once my background was done, I was ready to start embellishing using the fussy cut stamped flowers. 

  
A phrase found on one of the cutout cards was fussy cut to create a title.


A few die-cut vines and flower shapes was add to the layout to finish it off.

   I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

                                                     Thanks for stopping by :) xx


2 comments:

  1. Great post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specially the last section :) I take care of such
    information much. I was seeking this particular info for
    a very lengthy time. Thanks and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've been reading your site for some time now and
    finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout
    out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete