Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Happy | My Creative Scrapbook-May Tutorial







Hi My Creative Scrapbook fans!  It's Yvette with you today to share a layout I created using the gorgeou main kit. I couldn't resist fussy cutting the beautiful floral clusters on patterned paper 02 and adding stem stitching to the multi-color stripes on patterned paper 19. It took me awhile to do this, but was so worth it! 


First, I started by fussy cutting some of the floral clusters to use around my photo. 


I wanted my embroidery thread to match the stripes on the patterned paper, so off to the craft store I went, making sure to bring a sample of the pattern paper with me.     
   

The stem stitch is also known as the crewel stitch, point de cable or stalk stitch. It was so easy to do and I really love the added texture and interest it create. 
       


Let's get started....

1. Working from left to right, bring the needle up at point 'A' and down at point 'B'.


2. Bring the needle back up halfway between point 'A' and point 'B' where I have marked 'C' in the picture above and making sure your working thread is keep beneath the needle.


3. Keeping your working thread down, bring your needle down (a stitch length away) at point 'D' and then bring your needle up thought the end of the previous stitch where I have marked 'E' and repeat this pattern of stitching for the entire length that you wish to cover.

Here's what it looks like when it's all finish.....

     
Once I had all of my stitching done, I started playing around with the placement of my flower clusters. I used liquid glue for the stems and foam adhesive behind the flowers. I really like the  dimension it adds.  


I fill in some of the empty spaces between the flowers with a few embellishments from Pink Paislee Horizon collection.   
  

For my title, I used the happy chipboard/phrase sticker and place it horizontally on my layout. 



I hope you feel inspired to give fussy cutting and hand stitching a try and have fun adding them to your projects!  

Thanks you so much for stopping by today! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment