Friday, January 18, 2019

Pebbles | Guest Designer - Holiday Thank You Cards




Hello everyone!  I am so excited to be a guest on the Pebbles blog today.  With the holiday just behind us, I decided to make a couple of thank you cards to share with you. It's such a wonderful way to say thank you, for all of the amazing gifts you got! 


For my first card, I started by drawing a isosceles triangle to use as an outline for my Christmas tree.


I had an idea to create a Christmas tree using circles...the beautiful patterns and colors in the Cozy and Bright collection were absolutely perfect for this.   
     

I needed my circles to be very small, so I used a 3/4 inch circle punch to punch several circles from the patterned papers I selected...       


Next, I started gluing the circles in place, starting from the bottom and making sure to slightly overlap each one as I work my way up to the top.  

 
Here's a look at the finish tree!


To give the illusion that the tree is lit up, I added a bit of yellow paint. Stitched around the perimeter and then adhered it another layer of patterned paper.

A fussy cut flower was used as a tree topper and couldn't resist using those adorable gingerbread boy/girl die-cuts to embellish my card. To finish the card off I added a stamped sentiment and some enamel dots.       

    

For the second card I combine pattern papers from Merry Merry and Cozy and Bright collections to create a grid design.

I start by cutting my pattern paper into four rectangles (2 1/2 x 1 5/8)

Use a white gel pen and a ruler to add some faux stitching to each of the rectangles.


Next, I use a decorative die-cut with some vellum to add another layer to my card. 


Embellish with a few die-cut pieces from the Cozy and Bright collection.


Add a stamped sentiment as well as a piece of pattern paper to the inside of the envelope and really love how this turn out! 


If you have a photo of you or your love one opening that gift, why not enclose a copy of it in your card!

I hope I inspired you today to create a few Holiday thank you cards....

Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment