Thursday, September 13, 2018

Pure Joy | My Creative Scrapbook-September Tutorial




Hi My Creative Scrapbook Friends! Yvette here today with a layout using the September main kit! For this page I use the Carta Bella 6x6 Floral stencil to create a strip to use as part of my background.


I started by using some washi tape to secure the stencil to my white cardstock.   


Next, I used a stencil brush to apply the art crayons through the floral stencil. I wanted a soft and subtle look to my background, so I only use shades of orange...and really love how this turn out!


Here is what it looks like when it was all completed...

 

To finish off my background, I added some spatters using some teal watercolor.    


I then added a strip of the 06 pattern paper across both sides to give it some definition from the white background.  I also added some machine stitching to the tops of the paper stripes.


 My photo was placed directly onto the stencil background. I couldn't resist using those gorgeous vellum floral embellishments and arranged them in the right hand corner of my photo as well as a cardstock sticker and that cute rabbit from the Ephemera pack.   


To the top of the layout I stapled two different lengths of bakers twine and then added a cardstock sticker to the top of each one.


A cut file was use to create a title for my page.    



A few more die-cut stars was added around my layout as well as some enamel dots to complete this page.

  I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment